The deal is, I have to list 10 things that make me happy, 5 pieces of trivia about myself, and then pass this award along to 5 of my favourite bloggers.
So, onward and upward.
Things that make me happy:
- Laughing with Cliff
- When a student comes up with something brilliant that I've never thought of before or that I didn't expect them to get
- When a student achieves a personal best
- Starbucks grande non-fat Tazo chai lattes
- My dog and cat when they're doing something funny
- Uninterrupted scrap time
- Finding something awesome at Value Village
- Getting to spend time with my family, especially when my niece and nephews are involved
- Long weekends
- Road trips with people I love
5 Pieces of trivia about me:
- I have literally been addicted to Labello (now Nivea) lip balm since high school. No other kind will do, and without it, my lips start to hurt within a day. I think I am single-handedly keeping that company in business.
- Other people's gum disgusts me. There are only two good places for chewed gum: your mouth, or the garbage can. Anywhere else makes me want to wretch. Sitting in the cafeteria at lunch in high school was the worst for me. Why, oh why, must you stick your gum on the edge of your plate?
- All my life I wanted a weiner dog, and just before Christmas break in my third year of university, Cliff brought one home for me wrapped up in a flannel blanket. I bawled.
- Crafting for me began at a very early age. I remember making puppets, especially. Do any of you Canadians remember "Take Part", a kids' show that was on in the late '80s and early '90s? I basically could not get enough of their craft tutorials. Fast-forward 20 years, and I'm still enthralled by glue and paper and felt and buttons. As my mom always says, people don't change that much.
- My favourite restaurant is the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. Mmm, crab cakes and creme brulee. Though for convenience' sake, it would have been nice to choose something a little closer to home.
- Adrienne from Happenscraps, etc.
- Jen from Scrapping Daze
- Mandi from Tidbits from the Tremaynes
- Katie from Katie's Nesting Spot
- Pearl from Pearl's Paperfections