Teri's Top Ten Reasons Why Today Rocks My Socks:
1) It's Good Friday. That means I don't have to work today.
2) Cliff signed his new contract this week, which means that he now works Monday to Friday with stat holidays off, just like me. In other words, we actually got to eat breakfast together for once.
3) We had BLTs for breakfast, sans the "L". *swoon*
4) It's nearly 5pm and I have spent most of today in my craft room. Here's proof:5) Tomorrow morning, I leave on a roadtrip with two fantastic girlfriends. Ikea, West Edmonton Mall, and the comedy club await!
6) My dog is being good today. I don't think she's barked once since I first let her out this morning. I think this might be a record or something. Actually...uhhh...I think I better go check if she's still breathing.
7) Molly is still breathing. Yesss.
8) Janet Jackson is on Oprah. *I miss you muuuuch! M.I.S.S. U Much!*
9) On Sunday night, we're going to see John Mayer. Seriously, I think this is my weekend. I must have horseshoes up my...errr...pocket.
10) I was actually organized enough to complete a holiday project in time to give it to someone before the holiday arrives. On Sunday morning, I'm going to give these to my two traveling companions. I got them each a little Lindt bunny:And I jazzed 'em up like so:I've had a teacher's edition of a grade-two reader in my drawer for over a year now, and I'm telling you, it was destiny that brought this book to mind today. A single page wrapped perfectly around one little box. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket, and I popped them up with foam tape over the ribbon, and then added a little bling flourish.
By the way, one of the reasons I was so attracted to that CC cross-stitch paper in the first place is because it reminds me of this:
This is the pillow case my dear sweet mom made for me when I was little. It's too small to fit on a standard pillow, so it's been in my linen closet in every place I've lived in since I first left home.
So, I was thinking, if someone has a cool idea for how to display my most coveted of pillowcases, I could add an 11th point to my "top ten" list. Any ideas?
This is shaping up to be the best Easter weekend ever. :)