Sunday, March 21, 2010

This is what happiness looks like.

When I got too tired to finish the project I started tonight, I found myself feeling so content and grateful.

I have so much to be thankful for today.

I went to a fantastic concert last night by the Newfoundland band Shanneyganock.
I am so grateful to have the energy and health to dance the night away. Oh, and thank you for the self-confidence (or lack of social decorem, perhaps?) to be the first and/or only one on the dance floor.

I went there with some fabulous Newfoundlanders who truly appreciate this genre of music.Thank you! I have been blessed with the most energetic and hillarious friends!

After some quiet time today, my marking is ready for school in the morning. Wow - and I don't even have to stay up until midnight to get the last few papers done! Thank you for helping me to overcome my instinct to procrastinate.

I have a scrappy project on the go and great music playing on my laptop.
My life would be so empty if it weren't for being crafty and sharing in the creativity of others. Thank you! What a great way to end the day!

And then, this happened.
Thank you, God, for giving me a sense of humour.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for happiness! I'm jealous of all your ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this post, Teri!! There is so much to be said for being grateful for the everyday moments, well except for the ribbon box falling.;) Glad you had a great night out! Looks like fun and has me missing our annual, "Maritimer Night", that we used to go to when we lived in Wetaskiwin. (BTW, I'm an honorary member. Had to kiss a cod and drink screech to get there!) You must spend hours marking! Hope you are having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you do with all those pretty ribbons, Teri? Your scrap-space looks lovely and that pic at the top of your blog is awesome!!! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your new header girl...who's the teenager?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! I am now a follower! Thanks for stopping by mine and laughing at the word "balls" a few times!

    Have a great day,
    Courtney @ Red Heads Craft More Fun

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?