Thursday, February 25, 2010

We might as well be the Jetsons.

I can't believe that I am in bed with my MacBook wirelessly watching Olympic women's figure skating. (Go, Canada, Go!)
CTV%20Day%2014%20Block%202

(That link above is supposed to look like the live-streaming figure skating from ctvolympics.ca!)

I mean, c'mon. This is a far cry from the mono-chromatic silver laptop screen that my sister and I played Ducktails on circa 1995 (jump, run, jump, swing, jump, jump, done.) Let alone the Apple orange-screen version of Jenny's Journeys that was the coveted reward of good behaviour in Mrs. Archibald's grade-one class. It was on a floppy-disk. One that was actually floppy.

I know they promised us flying cars, but seriously. At the moment, my bed might as well be a Miata with wings.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! We got the bronze!! That poor girl!! Just makes me so sad that her mom is not there to watch her tonight. I misted up after watching her skate on Tuesday night. :( Such a brave girl!

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?