Friday, February 5, 2010

Five for Friday

In the spirit of Kayla Aimee's Five for Friday posts, here's a little snippet of what's running through my mind this week...
  1. I am an English teacher and I loved the Twilight series. There, I said it. I am officially outed. Let the stoning with tomes of Margaret Atwood and Anton Chekov begin.
  2. I have seen Twilight: New Moon twice (yes, twice) in the theatre. The first time, I was in ecstasy simply because it was sooo much better than the first one. Plus, it was much closer to the novel, which I really appreciate. The second time, we went on a Friday night to an early show where there were teenagers and teeny-boppers (does anyone even use that phrase anymore?) laughing at everything Jacob said and did because clearly they were on Team Edward. Now, don't get me wrong - I really enjoy teenagers. In fact, I spend most of my week with them. But on Friday night...I don't want to have to fight the urge to hiss at them to be quiet!! Now, it's showing at the cheap theatre. Yes, Cliff gets free passes to said theatre. Yes, I have been itching to go alone at a non-kid-friendly showtime for weeks so that I can have my love for all things Twilight restored. Yes, I take this far too seriously.
  3. I think I have a little too much love for my MacBook. Once I'm cozied up with it on the couch, the rest of the night is basically a write-off. Then I take it to bed with me and watch DVDs. Honestly, I think this is getting out of hand.
  4. My street is currently edged on one side with 5-ft piles of ice chunks that were pried from the street about two weeks ago and have since been covered in a blanket of snow. This is the one and only time this year that our street has been scraped so well, and already, the ice has built up again. Secretly, I love that the white streets make the neighborhood look homey and quaint...until I have to try to back out around those piles in a neighborhood with children and pets galore. I love your beauty, winter, but you gots ta go.
  5. Cliff brought home donairs for supper, satisfying my love for garlicky goodness. I am a happy girl...just don't let me breathe on you. ;)
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Cliff might start banishing it from the bedroom!!! You may have to sneak out of the bedroom in the middle of the night to boot your 'love' up and try to quietly tap the cold keyboard while you pray he doesn't wake up and find you cheating on him with your LAPTOP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The laptop can have her :)

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?