Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ignore the photo-pollution. This post is about an end table, not my poor housekeeping.

We have this little end table in our living room.

See it peeking out there, beside the chair?
Ok, so it's actually a nightstand. But it holds DVDs, so whatever. If Martha Stewart ever comes over I'll be so sure to hold my head in shame.

Now it looks like this!
***Editor's Note: There's a lot of picture-pollution in this post. As in, stuff in the picture that really shouldn't be there. Case in point, the cord and dog bed above. If Martha Stewart ever reads my blog I'll be so sure to hold my head in shame.

You see, I hated this stupid thing. It's beat up. It's an eyesore. It doesn't match anything else in the room. It slept with my boyfriend.
Well, all except that last one.

So I took it outside.

I sanded it.

I spray painted it with some leftover stuff.

I scuffed up the edges.

I was so excited I forgot to put down a drop cloth.
Oops.

And then I added new knobs from Mee-Kayl's at a buck and half a pop.
And now?

A matching, dent-hiding, interestingly-knobbed, wouldn't-dare-to-even-look-at-my-boyfriend end table.
Whatcha think?

Linkin' up, cause this piece o' junk is pretty funky, if I do say so myself.
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

4 comments:

  1. Oooh great job! Way to give the boyfriend-stealer a smackdown. Love it.

    p.s. did you check out your award on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific Teri!! You sure are doing some awesome home projects! So much fun to get creative with your living space!! Loving those knobs!! The perfect touch for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! I love the new knobs you added! Oh and I have paint outlines all over my grass and walkway...so I can completely relate to your paint outline on your deck :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great! I love the knobs you chose. Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?