Sunday, April 11, 2010

I've been tagged!

Ilene, a super-talented scrapper whose blog I recently stumbled upon, has tagged me in a blogging chain. Isn't she sweet? Thanks, Ilene!

The deal is, I have to list 10 things that make me happy, 5 pieces of trivia about myself, and then pass this award along to 5 of my favourite bloggers.

So, onward and upward.

Things that make me happy:
  1. Laughing with Cliff
  2. When a student comes up with something brilliant that I've never thought of before or that I didn't expect them to get
  3. When a student achieves a personal best
  4. Starbucks grande non-fat Tazo chai lattes
  5. My dog and cat when they're doing something funny
  6. Uninterrupted scrap time
  7. Finding something awesome at Value Village
  8. Getting to spend time with my family, especially when my niece and nephews are involved
  9. Long weekends
  10. Road trips with people I love

5 Pieces of trivia about me:
  1. I have literally been addicted to Labello (now Nivea) lip balm since high school. No other kind will do, and without it, my lips start to hurt within a day. I think I am single-handedly keeping that company in business.
  2. Other people's gum disgusts me. There are only two good places for chewed gum: your mouth, or the garbage can. Anywhere else makes me want to wretch. Sitting in the cafeteria at lunch in high school was the worst for me. Why, oh why, must you stick your gum on the edge of your plate?
  3. All my life I wanted a weiner dog, and just before Christmas break in my third year of university, Cliff brought one home for me wrapped up in a flannel blanket. I bawled.
  4. Crafting for me began at a very early age. I remember making puppets, especially. Do any of you Canadians remember "Take Part", a kids' show that was on in the late '80s and early '90s? I basically could not get enough of their craft tutorials. Fast-forward 20 years, and I'm still enthralled by glue and paper and felt and buttons. As my mom always says, people don't change that much.
  5. My favourite restaurant is the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. Mmm, crab cakes and creme brulee. Though for convenience' sake, it would have been nice to choose something a little closer to home.
And now, "Tag! You're it!" to five of my favourite blogging peeps whose work you must check out:
  1. Adrienne from Happenscraps, etc.
  2. Jen from Scrapping Daze
  3. Mandi from Tidbits from the Tremaynes
  4. Katie from Katie's Nesting Spot
  5. Pearl from Pearl's Paperfections
And while you're at it, go and check out Ilene's blog for a wealth of scrappy inspiration!

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks, girl! You have totally made my day. MOUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same lip balm addiction. I am not sure when or why it started but I have lip balm in every room of the house. My lips now can't live without it any more -- totally disturbing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri! Thanks for tagging me. It is always fun to learn more about our blogging friends through these fun games. :) The floss collection has I don't know how many colours!! It is stored in those plastic boxes that have all the square compartments in them. You buy little cardboard cards to roll the floss on and there is even little stickers with the floss number to put on the card. Then they are numerical. I have 5 boxes almost full. Now that I don't stitch much more, I have lots of floss to use up. This is another reason why I have stitching on most LO's!! :) After all, I have tones to match each paper colour! I even have linen floss and verigated floss. Some of the floss dates back to 1991 when I started. A few years ago, I finally threw out the one skein that Lisa had sucked on as a baby and left a residue of spit and teething cookie!! Keep in mind, that Lisa will be 21 in July!! Yeah, there is some old floss in this collection. The girls never made friendship bracelets but were rather into beading with hemp. I know that they would have been pilfering my supplies. ;) Have a great week. I am so hoping that my Paper Poppy kit comes this week. Can you say "stalker"? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks for the nice words about me! You're so awesome!! And I have always wanted a wiener dog too, since I was little (but my DH never brought one home as a surprise :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am peeking out of my turtle shell to thank you for all of your kindness and support. Be blessed dear one.

    Weiner dogs are the best. We have had our Rudi for 6 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK! So funny thing with all this going around is so far I've been six places that are connected back to Pearl! Tee! Looking forward to checking out your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri-- are you using gimp for your scrapping, too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this before but didn't have time to comment, thank you for picking me☺ That was so sweet of you, I don't know if I'll actually do it. Cause I am very bad about that kind of thing, I always mean to do them with the best of intentions and then don't. But I appreciate you thinking of me.

    Right now I am feeling a little tapped out of the creativity and don't think I have two brain cells to put together to even answer the questions. I am working on memory books for my daughter's preschool and feel very over whelmed.

    Plus Brad has been putting together the play structure for ER after work meaning I've had no breaks and she's going through a tantrum every day phase. I feel drained.

    It was great fun getting to know some extra tidbits about you! I think 2 & 3 just highlight what a wonderful and caring teacher you must be. I always had a facination with weiner dogs too, but then I stayed with my Great Aunt and Great Uncle down in Georgia and they had one. Man was it MEAN. Kinda put me off the whole breed, although I am sure yours is a sweetie pie☺

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?